Not the Einstein thing but the "how do these things relate to each other" thing...
A rubber mallet. A Phillips head screwdriver. My car keys.
(If you're wondering why I have a bottle opener on my keychain, that's a good-luck charm of sorts. I've had one on my keychain since I was sixteen... which sort of tells you something about my teenage years.)
Here's how these items are related: On my way out of the house today to visit my Mom and run some errands, I picked up about seventeen different items that pertained to those errands. Unfortunately, my keys were item No. 18 on the list. After coming up with zip for alternatives, I decided that removing the door was my best option. So the screwdriver was inserted into the bottom of the door hinge and the rubber mallet was used to remove the hinges on the door.
I'm happy to say that while the whole process seems simple enough, actually getting the door out is a whole lot harder than I thought it would be. I suppose that's a good thing. I had to use a flat-head screwdriver to pry it out enough to remove it. And, no, it didn't help that Rosie was going a little nuts on the other side of the door. Still, it does make me wonder how Darwin-nominee Delbert "popped" two locks so easily.
But I learned something... I'm going to hide a set of keys in the garage. Just in case.
I suppose I should be happy about it though, it did give me something to blog about - life's been kind of boring lately - and the folks at my bank thought it was a really funny story. When I arrived there looking a little more "rumpled" than usual, they asked how my day had been. I related my adventure. They laughed. I'm changing banks tomorrow.
I can't thank you enough for all the kind thoughts and good wishes. I appreciate it very much, and so does my Mom. She's doing really well - she's walking, standing and getting stronger every day. If all goes well, she should be home in about two weeks. I just might be caught up with e-mails and "thank yous" by then.
I stitched a binding while watching the Super Bowl...
This quilt started as a kit, I bought it about five or six years ago at Country Sampler in Spring Green, Wisconsin. Colonies Chrome Yellow, Poison Green and Turkey Red. I made a few changes - I changed the red background fabric, added a few yellows and greens and changed the size of the nine-patch. (I know... it's a compulsion that I just can't stop.) It came back from the quilter this past week and the binding is almost finished. I used a green - you can see it down in the lower left corner.
And I sewed some strips together for a new litte Schnibble quilt... but there isn't much to see there.
And I will show you the blocks I'm working on for the "just for fun" project I showed last week. I have to take some pictures and I need to make some notes about the cutting I've done. I think I'm going to include the quilt in the book I'm working on... but I'll still tell you all about the blocks.
NCIS has just started so I need to go spend my quality time with Jethro. And then Neal and Peter. And then Jon and Stephen. And then maybe David. Tuesday is definitely a good night for men.