It would be nice if that read a whole lotta Lotto... but I have something better. I have a whole lot of Gisladottir.
That's Icelandic for "what?"
Though maybe that should read "hver?" For "who".
Gudrun. Gudrun Erla. GE Designs.
You know Gudrun... she's getting ready for America's Got Talent!
I'm not really sure where the Gisladottir comes from, other than it's in her e-mail address. Maybe it's Icelandic for "Erla". I'll have to ask.
Until I - we - get the answer to that, the big news is that Gudrun is celebrating a really big anniversary this week - her 10th! 10 years in the United States for her, her family and for her terrific - ógnvekjandi - GE Designs' patterns.
Did you know that the 10th Anniversary is the Tin and Aluminum anniversary? They are meant to represent durability and flexibility.
To celebrate the occasion, Gudrun is going to do 10 days of ótrúlegt uppljóstrun - amazing giveaways!
The party starts Monday, August 5th at Gudrun's place - Gudrun's World.
The guest list includes:
- August 5th - Terry Degenkolb of Whimsicals
- August 6th - Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville
- August 7th - the lovely folks at Quiltmaker Magazine
- August 8th - Rosie
- August 9th - Jodie Davis of It's A Rubber Duckie World
- August 10th - the Fat Quarter Shop
- August 11th - Pat Sloan of... well, everywhere!
- August 12th - Lissa Alexander of Moda Fabrics and ModaLissa fame
- August 13th - Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts
- August 14th - Quilting Gallery
By Thursday, I expect you to have learned the steps/moves to the Quiltmaker Shuffle choreographed by Gudrun. You can't win if you don't dance... so here you go.
Besides, it's a party! You have to dance! Make that dansa.